Annual Spring Beautification Award Season Underway
The City’s annual Spring Beautification Program recognizes the efforts of the community in preserving the city of La Mirada beautiful. The City of La Mirada’s Annual Spring Beautification award season is now underway. Volunteer judges will canvass La Mirada between March 26 and April 6, searching for properties that demonstrate exceptional landscaping, exterior maintenance, and overall beauty. Owners of selected properties will be honored at a special awards ceremony on Monday, June 11 at 6:30 p.m. at the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts.
To help residents beautify their properties, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Trash cans and waste items are to be stored out of public view.
- Landscaping should include adequate ground coverage throughout the front of the property.
- Perennials are among the most sustainable plants to include in a garden.These plants may die back and re-emerge the following year.
- Vehicles should be operable and parked properly.
- Repair chipped or peeling paint or plaster on property structures and fences.
Homeowners who recently remodeled the exterior of their home or made major improvements to their landscaping may also be eligible to be recognized by the City as one of La Mirada’s most improved properties. Property owners are encouraged to submit an application to be recognized in the “Most Improved” category during the City’s special awards ceremony in June.
Applications for the “Most Improved” category are being accepted through Friday, April 6. Applications are available at City Hall, Resources Center, and Activity Center. Applications must include a description of the work completed and “before” and “after” pictures.
For additional information on the Spring Beautification program, contact Community Services at (562) 943-7277 or visit the City’s website.