SCHEDULE OF COLLECTION EVENTS
Sponsored jointly by the Sanitation Districts and Los Angeles County, the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost-free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
Who can come to the collections?
You can... if you are an LA County resident!
Some examples of what you CAN bring to a HHW collection:
- Motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid
- Used antifreeze
- Paint, paint thinner, turpentine
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household batteries or car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- CRT's, old TV's, misc. electronics
- Mercury thermometers or thermostats
- Used Needles or Sharps (In a Sharps container or sturdy box labeled "SHARPS")
- Unwanted or expired prescriptions (MORE INFO)
What you CANNOT bring to a HHW collection:
- Radioactive Materials
- Business Waste
- White Goods (stoves, fridges, etc.)
- Controlled Substances
How should you prepare?
- Bring the items you wish to dispose of in a sturdy box preferably in their original, labeled containers.
- Do not EVER mix products together.
- It is ILLEGAL to transport more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste in your personal vehicle.
- Be prepared to leave your containers. Because of permitting requirements, and the volume of people that utilize the program, items such as gasoline cans WILL NOT be returned.