Ordinance No. 707 establishes a permitting process requiring sidewalk vendors to obtain a permit from the City. As part of the permitting process, sidewalk vendors are required to complete a sidewalk application package with a non-refundable fee of $110 and provide the following information. Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Provide personal identification
- Provide detailed information on items that will be sold
- Proposed hours of operation
- Provide a site plan showing the proposed sales location
- Submit a photograph of the vending receptacle with dimensions
- Provide current Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Provide valid Los Angeles County Department of Health permits
- Provide current California Department of Tax and Fee Administration seller's permit
- Provide City of La Mirada business license. (License will be issued upon completion and approval of sidewalk vendor application package). You will apply as an Out-of-City Business. Business license fee is determined by estimated gross receipts.
Upon approval of your application, you will be issued a City issued sidewalk vendor license and must be visible and worn at all times.
The permit is valid for one year. Permits and City business license must be renewed annually.