The La Mirada Branch Library is operated by the County of Los Angeles Public Library system that features an extensive reference system used to assist patrons with informational queries.
The library integrates a number of services that distinguish it as a reliable source for information such as computer workstations, Internet assistance, children's services, municipal reference, microform collections reference, homework help center, dial-a-story, audio visuals, and books-by-mail.
The following descriptions are a sample of the wealth of resources the library has to offer.
- Computer Workstations: Public access to assorted software programs for use on the library's computers. WiFi is available.
Internet Assistance:The Reference Staff at La Mirada Library provides easier access to the Internet and ready reference type of web sites make answering reference questions much faster and efficient.
- Children's Services: Includes story-times, class visits to the library, bookmark contest, and summer reading programs.
- Municipal Reference: Advanced reference resource service available to staff to aid local libraries in detailed or special service searches.
- Live Homework Help: Acts as a free, informal tutorial service for children who have questions concerning homework.
- Databases: Featuring homework help, listings ranging from businesses to health, and full-text periodicals.
- Audio Visual Department: The Audio/Visual collection at the La Mirada Library is constantly expanding. Check out the broad selection of film and audio materials, and recorded books
- Books-by-Mail: This service is available to the home-bound, and convalescent homes that provides them with the opportunity to request certain books from a list made up of best sellers, genre fiction, and more.
|Tue||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wed||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thu||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Fri||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sat||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Go to the Los Angeles County Library/La Mirada